Hey fashionistas! I am really happy to announce that I will be selling things from my closet and thrifted items on my Instagram closet!
Why? It is an amazing way to share great products for cheaper than what they are ACTUALLY being sold for. I am super obsessed with this concept and it also gives anyone that likes my style a chance to purchase some stuff from my closet directly and alike items!
If you guys are interested in shopping then make sure you give my Instagram page a follow:
I hope you guys enjoy shopping my closet, all items will be cross posted between this Instagram page, my Poshmark closet, my Mercari closet and my Curtsey closet! I can’t wait to share these items with you guys!
I hope you enjoyed this post and remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content. Comment below which pieces you like best from my Instagram closet!
Hey everyone! As you may or may not know I have my own Etsy Shop called ShabbyChicStephanie where I sell t-shirts, onesies, cake decor, calligraphy cards, canvas tote bags, car decals, wooden signs, and gift tags! I am in the middle of revamping so there are no items up at this moment but soon I’ll have tons of items that match the aesthetic of my NEW and REVAMPED super cute and fun shop. I absolutely love small businesses and artisans so being one is something near and dear to my heart. Especially in such a welcoming and warm community!
So, my whole Etsy shop used to be pink roses and thick calligraphy and I felt that this didn’t resonate with me anymore (not that I don’t love pink floral, I just don’t identify with it as much as I used to)! What I do more closely identify with is a bohemian chic look. I wanted my shop to align with who I am because it is important to me that my brand is all cohesive and no matter if you’re stopping to shop for an Etsy top or coming to read my blog you feel like you’re all in similar spaces!
This is the new look to my shop, it is a cream color with a bohemian background in gold! I will be choosing products who’s designs align more with that aesthetic as well. I am totally in love with this new look so I hope you guys do too! I will be cross-posting my new products that you can checkout and even buy if you love them. I hope you enjoyed today’s post and be sure to sign up for emails to be notified for when I post new content! Definitely leave me a comment down below how you’re feeling about this new look!
Hey y’all! I absolutely love Five Below, I think its a great store and crazily enough I love it more than the Dollar Tree– I just don’t go there as often as I’d like because it is so out of the way from where I live. I found some amazing products that I consider some of the best items they have in the store.
- Himalayan salt massage ball
- Body Lotion, essential oil and gua sha kit
- Lip masks
- Satin Sleep Mask
- Aroma Diffuser
- Satin Pillowcase
- Rose Quartz Stone Massager
- Hot Stone Massage Kit
- Essential Oils
- Iridescent Crystal Brushes
- Ceramic Makeup Brush Holder
- Silver Gem Brushes
- Macaron Makeup Blenders
- Beauty Blender Holder
- Makeup Brush Cleaning Pad
- Oval Blending Brush
- Electronic Facial Brush
- Pack of Bath Bombs
- Set Of Fake Lashes
- Microwavable Body Wrap
- Blossom Color Changing Lip Product
- Electric File
- Pedicure Tool Set
- Blossom Cuticle Oil
- LED Fairy Light Globe
- Incense Sticks
- Bungee Photo Board
- White Himalayan Salt Lamp
- Framed Wall Art
- Photo Collage Frames
- Neon Light Sign
- Tea Towels
- Round Mirror Set
- Corner Shelf
- Photo Clip Grid
- Bed Canopy
- 3 Piece Canvas Wall Art
- Light Box
- Glitter Chalk Board
- Incense Holder
- Plush Round Rug
- 3 Piece Wall Shelf
- Activity Journals
- Glitter Slides
- Good Vibes Ring Set
- Leopard and Velvet Chokers
- Healing Crystals necklaces
- Chunky Gold Earrings
- Tortoise Shell Hoop Earrings
- Layered Necklaces
- Faux Leather Envelope Belt Attachment
- Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Ladies Mesh Sneakers
- Cheetah Flats
- Chenille Socks
- Pastel Boot Socks
- Love Duffle Bag
- Stone Wash Denim Mini Backpack
- Nylon Fanny Packs
- Beach Bags
- Lounge Wear Tunic
- Black and White Joggers
- Navy and Pastel Joggers
- Fitness Leggings
- Black Joggers
- Weekend Joggers
- Black Leggings
- Gray Leggings
- Rose Joggers
- Fearless Joggers
- Chenille Slippers
- Hair Clips
- Cable Knit Mittens
- Cable Knit Gloves
- Furry mittens
- Striped Chenille Gloves
- Double Layered Gloves
- Chunky Knit Mittens
- Chunky Knit Scarf
- Chunky Yarn Neon Scarf
- Fringed Scarf
- Plaid Scarf
- Sherpa Scarf
- Crochet Scarf
- Bow Earmuffs
- Cheetah Earmuffs
- Sherpa Headwrap
- Chunky Knit Beanies
- Yoga/workout Items
I recommend checking out five below or even just looking up their website if you don’t have one nearby. I hope you enjoyed this post and remember to subscribe for emails to be notified when I post new content. Make sure to comment below what products you like most from Five Below!
Hey everyone! I feel like I do quite a bit of posting about the Dollar Tree and that is probably because I go there often for cards, gift bags, decorations for parties and even for work. So, here I am posting about the Dollar Tree! But this post is going to be about worth-it items to purchase. Do you ever shop at the Dollar Tree and think “Is this seriously cheaper than what I can get elsewhere?” The answer isn’t always yes surprisingly. So what’s worth it and what are items that you shouldn’t be buying there?
WORTH IT ITEMS:
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste- This is totally a worth it buy because the Dollar Tree has a ton of name brand toothbrushes and if you are eco-friendly I’ve seen name brand bamboo toothbrushes as well! Also, they sell big sizes of name brand toothpaste.
- Nail polish and nail items- If you are going to paint your nails yourself then this is a cheap way to get them done! The Dollar Tree has brands like Wet N Wild, Revlon, PURE ICE, KISS and LA Colors. Keep an eye out for those! Also, you don’t need to spend a fortune on nail polish remover, cotton rounds, cotton swabs or even nail glue. It’s going to be cheaper here than at Target or a drugstore. They also have the electric nail tool that works pretty well, they also have the gel nail caps that work well and lastly I like the gel polish remover and cuticle remover tool.
- Hair Detangler- The hair detangler at Target has the same ingredients as the one at the Dollar Tree! Save your money and get the one for $1!
- Bubble Bath- You can 32 fl oz of bubble bath for $1, so why overpay for basically soapy water!
- Dry Shampoo- I’ve tried the Dollar Tree dry shampoo and although it isn’t my go-to (I love the smell of OBX too much to give it up) it works just as well as the leading brands!
- Bath Bombs- I’ve made homemade bath bombs before and other than added preservatives (which most beauty products have to keep a shelf life) their bath bombs are made of the same ingredients I used! It’s definitely worth it if you want a spa night for an affordable price!
- Paint pens- I’ve found paint pens from the Dollar Tree before and they work really well. You may not be getting as much in terms of the amount of product but it beats paying $5 for a paint pen!
- Craft Items- Luckily my Dollar Tree is right next to a Michaels, so I always make sure to look in the Dollar Tree before I spend a ton on something in Michaels. They have acrylic and watercolor paint (check art stores to see if they have acrylic paint for cheaper sometimes they have different acrylic paints for .79 cents) , kids washable paint/fingerpaint, window paint, decent paint brushes, small canvases, pompoms, feathers, wooden dowels, stencils, foam brushes, round bristle and foam brushes, paint dish, sanding sponges, sand paper, palette knives, beading, small wood crafts (not all are worth the money so buy wisely), wreath forms, stick glue, regular glue, googly eyes, floral foam, pipe cleaners, wire, accent gems and marbles, LED fairy lights, crafting sticks, rope, decorative sand, chalkboard wooden stakes, ribbon, mesh, and cord. The items I like most are the hot glue gun sticks, the scrapbooking stickers, the jar of buttons, sequins, glitter, mini clothespins, square felt rolls, tacky glue, mod podge, and yarn! It all really depends on what you are doing to determine worth of purchase. For example if you need 800 craft sticks its probably best to find that in bulk.
- Wreath Hanger- These are all over especially during the holidays and they are a must have! They work amazing and I’ve had mine for 3 years and it still works well!
- Party Decor- Party decor can get expensive so if you can cut costs by getting some streamers, birthday candles, birthday signs, garlands and balloons from the Dollar Tree then definitely try to!
- Gift Bags and Gift Tissue- This is where you can definitely get your money’s worth at the Dollar Tree because gift bags and gift tissue go for super expensive.
- SOME Cleaners- I was able to find some cleaners that were generic brands but had basically the same ingredients as the leading brands but for only $1! I was able to get generic brand wet and dry Swiffer pads for only $1, fabric freshener, glass cleaner, I also found air freshener for $1! Another item is the moisture eliminator which is great to put in your storage unit or even bins you are putting in your attic.
- Cleaning Tools- I was able to get a dust pan and brush, a toilet brush, a broom, magic erasers, kitchen sink tools (sponges, sponge dispensing brush, bottle cleaners etc), steel wool soap pads, metal and sponge scouring sponges and more only for $1! A lot of these items are things that will need to be replaced eventually so it’s best to not spend a fortune on them.
- Bins- If you are just looking for a cheap way to store items the dollar tree is a great place to check first.
- Glassware- Whether you are looking for some cheap drinking glasses, a flower vase or plates for dinner. This is a great place to save some money!
- Catering Items- I love going to the Dollar Tree to grab some cheap reusable chip bowls and platters. It’s inexpensive and you can reuse them for however many parties you have.
- Soda- If you are throwing a party grab some soda from the Dollar Tree because you get a huge amount for just $1!
- Silk Flowers- Silk flowers can get very expensive very quick, if you want to save some money on decor try to search for the best looking silk flowers at the Dollar Tree first.
- Small Home Decor Pieces- If you are looking for knickknacks then stop at the Dollar Tree and see if you can find some cute items or even items that can be DIY’ed to look super chic! Even look at frames!
- Party Favors- Having a kids birthday? They have amazing party favor items and bags to put them in!
- Bath Items- You can get soap dishes, soap dispensers, shower curtain rings, shower liners, shower curtains, loofahs, sea sponges, shower caps, gel eye masks, exfoliating bath cloths, shampoo brushes, widetooth combs, and even bath brushes. There is also body soap and hand soaps/hand sanitizers but I would check to see if you can get a better deal buying it in bulk (Costco, BJS, Sams Club etc).
- Hair Items- Other than the detangler you can get bobby pins, headbands, clips and hair ties. You can also get scrunchies, compact hair brushes, regular hair brushes, hair curlers (They actually work), and rubber elastics.
- Makeup/Skin- Some items in makeup are actually worth it, sometimes they carry wet n wild or elf makeup brushes, they have oval makeup brushes, they have mask applicators, anything Global Beauty Care is good (they sell this at Marshalls), eyelash curlers, eyelash applicators, eyebrow grooming kits, tweezers, name brand chapsticks, sometimes they will have name brand makeup, the Global Beauty Care makeup wipes are pretty good as well! You can sometimes find good face masks from name brands like Yes! and Miss Spa etc. There are also microfiber scrub facial rounds, makeup bags, makeup acrylic holders, makeup cleaning mitts and so much more!
- Office and School Supplies- The best supplies to get from the dollar tree are binders, spiral notebooks (check sales first, also composition notebooks are cheaper elsewhere), notepads, loose-leaf paper, construction paper, poster boards, sketch paper, index cards, photo paper, legal pads, clipboards, to-do lists, binder separators, file folder labels, mailers, folders, label holders, report covers, highlighters, permanent marker pack of 3, erasers, pocket pencil sharpeners, pencil grips, pencils/crayons/colored pencils/colored markers/gel pens (check deals elsewhere first). More items are poster board letters, decorative wall boarders, dry erase boards (they are cheap but get the job done if you dont want to spend the money), dry erase markers, mini chalk board. There are only a few more items (I promise lol), paper clips, thumbtacks, basic calculators, scissors, mini and regular stapler, tape, whiteout, rulers, rubber bands, business card holder, chalk, pencil box, calendars, filing folders, envelopes, packing tape, clasp envelopes, and binder clips. (This one was long)
- ALL TEACHING PRODUCTS. I always see cool teaching stuff I recommend teachers to look here first and to compare prices too! They have Alphabet wall decor, class room decor, reading highlight helpers, wall boarders, maps, inflatable globes and more!
- Kids Items- In terms of toys be careful of what you buy because some may be made with chemicals. I would mainly buy name brand items (Nickelodeon, Disney, Hot Wheels, etc). Coloring books are a great buy here, as well as kids books and puzzles/name brand games.
- Books- Books in general are a great buy! You can find coffee table books, books to gift to others, cook books and more! You just have to look! They also have adult coloring books (some are mediocre quality but some are diamonds in the rough so keep an eye out)!
- Car Items- Car wash and wax (if you just want to get a quick DIY wash on your car then this works well for that), Armor All products, microfiber towels, auto funnel, car washing sponge, oil drain pan, gas treatments, microfiber wash mitts, tissue visor holder,
- Tools and Hardware- A tape measure, air pump, an angle square ruler, wooden wire brushes, braided rope/nylon paracord, heavy duty clamps, 3 outlet wall tap, rubber mallet, indoor extension cord, dust mask, drain snake, tarp, drop cloths, sharpening stone, hex key set, mini screw driver set, rubber door stopper, picture hanging kit, safety pins, paint cup with handles, mini razor scrapers, lightweight spackling, white latex caulk, plastic paint trays, paint rollers, paint brushes, paint scrapers. LED lightbulbs, LED night lights, and sunbeam light bulbs, matches, lighters.
- Pet Supplies- food/water bowls, pet food scooper, treat jars, pet toys, laser pointer, pet bandanas, Natures Best Flea & Tick Spray, Pet stain remover, litter pans, grooming tools, love my carpet/ oxiclean pet carpet cleaner, grooming mitts, litter scooper, pet brushes, pet wipes, collars, leashes, harnesses and doggie waste bags.
- SOME SEASONAL AND HOLIDAY ITEMS- I find a ton from their seasonal items! For example, I’ve found christmas tree ornaments and beautiful decor. During valentines day I found super cute teddy bears and other cute themed items!
The Dollar Tree can be an interesting place and you can find some great deals but you have to watch out for scams. For example, they sell tupperware for $1 with each tupperware piece but you can get a pack of 30 for $5.99. They sell party cups for $1 for a pack of 16 when you can get a pack of 240 for $18.99 on Amazon. Not only do they have some “scams” but sometimes the items can be hazardous. Some of their products contain formaldehyde and toys may contain products that are unhealthy which is toxic– be aware of the ingredients and items when shopping.
I hope you enjoyed this post and remember to subscribe for notifications for when I post new content! Tell me your favorite Dollar Tree item!
Hey y’all! First off I want to say happy fall, as today is the first day of fall. Which means there’s a lot of fall related things coming up at Not Too Shabby Chic Fashion. Second of all I wanted to talk about my shopping experience at Big Lots today and of course a haul of what I got (ANOTHER haul? Not a shocker)!
Today as I was scrolling through my Influenster I realized there was a ton of amazing Virtual VoxBoxes that I qualified for and lucky enough for me I qualified for the Big Lots one! Big Lots gave me a complimentary shopping trip for their Back To Campus campaign and testing! I am so thankful for it too!
I ran into Big Lots and the moment I walked in I was greeted by a worker and asked if I needed any help. The nice woman directed me towards the decor section where I proceeded to pick out a bunch of decor. Luckily Ryan stopped me and reminded me that we wouldn’t have the wall space for EVERYTHING. But, I did leave with two gorgeous pieces that I am obsessed with.
Big Lots is such a nice store and they basically have everything that you would need for a home, dorm or apartment all in one place! You can even get groceries! What I love most about Big Lots is how affordable everything is. I was able to get both of my decor pieces for less than $16, plus if you sign up for a rewards card you get $5 after 3 purchases from Big Lots. Which means I’m two purchases from my first $5 reward!
The two pieces of decor I got are “the future is bright” wooden sign and the white and gold Aztec design jewelry box. They look so cute on my new shelf! I definitely recommend going here, and I want to thank Influenster and Big Lots for the complimentary shopping opportunity for testing!
I hope you enjoyed this post and remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content and make sure to comment down below what your thoughts are these decor items!
Hey y’all! I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. So, recently I had tried HelloFresh– and I wanted to write a post to explain to you my experience with it! I mean I saw almost 1 million ads for it on Facebook and Instagram, both of my sisters had tried it/ used it, and I tried one of their recipes that a friend shared to me and I absolutely loved! I mean I won 3rd place at a chili contest with their recipe, honestly I couldn’t say no after that! Ryan and I actually both tried it out together.
Maybe I should consider this post a “date idea” post because HelloFresh actually helped Ryan and I grow closer. Yes, I realize how cheesy that sounds but it’s true. In modern day America we are all so busy working hard to make a living, the ability to make time for date nights grows harder and harder. We cooked together for 3 nights a week and every time we weren’t cooking together we were looking forward to getting the next box and indulging in new foods together. Who knew cooking together would become such a big tradition and the kitchen would become a sacred place for us. We even started joking about the food we had when we went out to eat “Our HelloFresh meals are cheaper and way better than this!”
What we both truly loved about HelloFresh was how convenient it was! We didn’t have to go grocery shopping and wait in lines and attempt to carry 50 bags to the door in one trip anymore. We would just pick up the box at our front steps, put meals away and start cooking together! What’s great about HelloFresh is that they give you exact portions so no food goes to waste and you also aren’t overeating either. It’s also easier and faster to throw together a meal when all of the ingredients are already exact measurements. All you have to do is follow the recipe and throw it together! We also experienced a slight issue with one of our meals– there was a little pin sized hole in one of the products and it completely leaked, the customer service was amazing and allowed us to get a refund for that meal. It’s also great because you get to skip weeks if you don’t need the HelloFresh meals for specific weeks.
The thing Ryan and I liked most was that there was a new set of recipes to pick from each week and anyone can be a chef with HelloFresh it’s so easy! We definitely recommend trying it out, if you want to try HelloFresh feel free to use my referral link: HelloFresh Sign Up
I hope you enjoyed this post and remember to subscribe for emails to be notified when I post new content. Make sure to comment down below if you’ve tried HelloFresh!
Hey beauties! I’m not sure how many of you have a Target that is getting re-done but the one in my town was just updated and I have some thoughts! Target is like my sanctuary, I absolutely love it there and it takes me at least an hour when I go for one item. Most of the time I end up leaving with a $200 cart and without the item I initially went there for.
Well, to make matters even more difficult they added a Starbucks to my Target. So, I guess I’m never leaving because those are my two favorite places to be and if they added a Sephora in that mix I’d seriously never see the light of day again.
They did add something similar to a Sephora though, a newly revamped beauty section to my local Target. It definitely makes it harder to leave and I also feel like there are a lot more products than there ever were before. I absolutely love this new beauty section because in a way it is set up like a Sephora or Ulta which makes it easier to browse and it gives everything a more luxurious feel. The overall shopping experience is enhanced with the way the beauty isle is set up now. The only complaint that I have is that it is much harder for me to find what I need. But, I can’t blame them for that business genius because this forces the customer to stay in the store longer and even find something else to purchase as they search for what they need.
I really do like the new Target beauty section though! Tell me in the comments below if you like the revamped Targets best or the old Target! Also, remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content. I hope you enjoyed this post!
Hey y’all! I wanted to make a post that I’m sure any newcomer into college might need desperately. It’s a list to explain what you ACTUALLY need for college. I’ve been that open-eyed freshman that had no idea what to expect or even what I’d need but being in college for 4 years, dorming for 3 years and commuting for 1 year I think I know what both dorming students and commuter students will need.
So lets get started with dorming students:
- A Nice Pillow (and some decorative ones)- You will probably have the same pillow for all 4 years so make a small investment in a nice one that wont give you neck problems when you wake up. Also, your dorm is going to be your home basically– get a throw pillow or two to decorate it a little.
- Mattress and Pillow Protector- YOU NEED IT. Crabs and bed bugs are a real problem that you dont want nor need.
- A Mattress Topper- I got a memory foam topper that lasted me all 3 years I dormed and it was the comfiest thing ever. A definite must, your back will thank you.
- Sheets, pillow cases, a comforter, a throw blanket and extra of everything- There will be days where you wont want to do laundry or you accidentally left your laundry in overnight and now your comforter smells like a wet dog. If you have an extra comforter or even just extra sheets, you wont have to worry about waiting until 3AM to go to bed– until the sheets are finally dry and the odor is gone.
- Small pillow for your desk- Those hard chairs are not fun to sit on for hours on end. A small pillow can save your lower spine.
- Desk Lamp- This is great because if you share a room and dont want to wake your roommate when you have an 8am or while you’re up studying until 3AM, it is a lot easier to focus where that light is directed. Bring extra light bulbs too!
- Clip Fan- This little fan will be a life saver when it starts to get hot but also it takes up little to no space!
- Felt Hangers- The closets are really small so you’ll need the thin felt hangers. The clothes wont slip off and it makes for more room in the closet.
- Shoe Rack- This is great if you have an apartment with multiple people living there. It’s a great place to store your wet shoes when it rains or snows!
- Cube Organizer- This thing saved me so much room and allowed me to bring more stuff to school. The cube organizer is generally thin and you can get the cube inserts where you can store underwear/socks/bras/scarves/gloves/wires etc!
- A Command Strip Hook- When you take a shower you’ll need this to dry your towel so definitely get it!
- A Clothes Drying Rack- I know a lot of people say it’s a waste but it really isnt. If you have items that cant be put into the dryer, instead of trying to find random places to hang those items this makes it much more simple.
- Under-Bed Storage Trunks- Trunks are so much better than using plastic drawers because they fit more stuff in them and conserve space
- Under-Bed Storage Drawer (Medium Sized)- A medium sized storage drawer is great for your medical items (medicine, bandaids, peroxide etc.)
- Laundry Basket With Wheels- Do not make the mistake I did and get a carry laundry basket. The one with wheels will be so much easier to carry back and forth to the laundry room and sometimes the laundry room will be in a complete other building… and doing laundry in the freezing cold and having to carry a huge heavy laundry basket/bag is awful.
- Shower Caddie- These are definitely a necessity because you will be carrying this back and forth to your room (word of advise do not get the mesh ones– they will get moldy and smell. The hard plastic is so much better and it will last longer)!
- Towels- Obviously you’ll need towels. I always brought 4-5 towels, 4 wash cloths and 2 hand towels.
- Light Up Mirror- Doing your makeup in the dark (especially when your roommate is sleeping) is awful. Get yourself a light up mirror so you dont have to use your phone light lol been there done that.
- Jewelry Organizers- YOU NEED THIS. My 4 tier earring holder and bracelet holder saved me! It was way easier than trying to untangle a mess or look for 2 of the same earrings at 7:30AM in the dark. I also made a makeshift necklace holder with picture hooks and a wooden picture frame with no glass in it.
- Makeup Eraser Fabric- This will 100% be so much better than spending a ton of money on makeup wipes
• Stick On Mirrors- The over the door mirrors will get old and they will fall. Get a mirror that can be stuck on the wall!
• Hair Tool Organizers- They might sound ridiculous but they actually came in handy when keeping everything all in one place and try to get a one that is metal so you don’t have to worry about melting it when throwing your curling iron in it or your straightener when you’re in a rush to get to class. Also get one that hangs so you can also hang it on your bed!
• Trashcan- Even if you’re school supplies a trashcan, always get a small one for under your desk. Also, get one with a lid to avoid snoopers looking in your trash can.
• Shower Flip Flops With Holes- Trust me it isn’t a waste of money! The flip flops with the holes drain the water while showering!
• Shower Towel With Velcro and a Bath Robe- These are amazing! You have your hands free to carry your clothes and your caddy without worrying about your towel slipping as you walk down the hallway. Bath robes are great too for when you don’t want to get fully dressed yet while in your dorm doing your makeup or hair etc.
• Bath Rug- If you have an apartment get a washable bath rug. Usually the ones that are foamy, or have a rubber bottom can’t be machine washed. Trust me, it will get crusty. Just grab one that can be machine washed and dried and save yourself the trouble. Also if you’re worried about slipping get a non slip mat for underneath. These can be purchased at the Dollar Store.
• Shower Curtain, Plastic Rings and Liner- This is super important if you have an apartment. You can get the liner for cheap at the dollar store as well as the plastic shower rings. Definitely get the rings and not the hooks because if you don’t know the width of the rod in the shower, it could be too wide for the hooks and they will fall off 24/7. The rods are just easier and cheaper too!
• Refillable Hand Soap Container- Get a refillable Hand soap container. It’s cheaper to buy a huge tub of liquid soap than to buy the individual soaps.
• Poopouri- GET THIS. FOR GOD SAKES. In a communal bathroom it really doesn’t matter but living in an apartment it’s necessary. You don’t want to smell when someone ate too much curry over the weekend.
• Plastic Drawer For Bathroom- If you have an apartment the best thing you can do is get a plastic stackable drawer for the bathroom to put the extra toilet paper as well as tampons/pads.
• Toothbrush Holder with Plastic Toothbrush Heads- Toothbrush holders are great and they keep everything neat. If multiple people will be using the holder get plastic toothbrush heads for each toothbrush so the bristles aren’t touching.
• Stick On Long Mirror For Bathroom- Nothing is worse than not being able to see yourself in a long mirror in the bathroom. Sometimes you need to self tan or you got cut by something and need to bandage yourself. Doing that blindly with no mirror is so terrible. Also I recommend adding command hooks in the bathroom if you have an apartment so you can hang your towels up in the bathroom
• Area Rug, Welcome Mat, and Kitchen rug- This is so important, get an area rug for your dorm or apartment. Even if you have carpet, most times the carpet isn’t clean and tile floors get super cold. Get a neutral color area rug for your dorm or living room. A rubber welcome mat is important because people can have dirty shoes so it’s better to wipe that on a mat rather than leaving it be. Also a small kitchen rug for in front of the sink is important because more likely than not you will be doing dishes and you won’t want to stand on cold tile 24/7. Get all rugs in neutral colors so you can use them every year you are in college.
• Door stop- This is great for moving in and out or even just keeping the door open to get groceries into the dorm or apartment. If you have your own room within the apartment get another one for your own personal door to keep your door open when you wish.
• Wall Art, Tapestries, Decorative Flags, Vases, Decorative Pillows and Throw Blankets, String Lights (Fairy lights are best because they’re thin and aren’t as much of a fire hazard and if your school doesn’t “permit” lights and you are still planning on bringing them I’m not suggesting you do because it is dangerous and you should listen to the rules but these can barely be seen because of the thin wire), etc.- You are going to be here for a while so you might as well make it look nice and homey. ￼
• Ottoman- I had a small storage ottoman and it was perfect for when you had people over, it acts as a small seat and it provides more storage!
• Dish Drying Rack, Dish towels, and Drying Mat- Yes you need both. The dish drying rack is super important if you have an apartment because hand drying is just not practical when you’re super busy. But also get a drying mat for the items that don’t fit on a drying rack. Dish towels are also necessary for obvious reasons.
• Kitchen Items That ARE NECESSARY: Utensils (Ladles, Wooden Spoon, Scraper, Cheese Grater, Pasta Spoon, Serving Spoon, Pizza Cutter, Can Opener, Bottle Opener, Spatula, Peeler), Flatware, Two Medium Pots, One Sauce Pot, One Frying Pan, One Pyrex Dish, Baking Sheets (If you have an oven/stove for these items. If you do not have a stove, bring a hot plate to cook on), a Utensil Holder, Plastic Tupperware, Strainer, Oven Mits, Pot Holders, Measuring Cups, Bowls, Measuring Spoons,Water Bottles, Lunch Boxes (Bento boxes are the best), Ice Packs, Ice cube trays, Brita Water Pitcher and Filters, Microwave if not provided, Mini fridge if not provided (but if you have an apartment it’s great to hold your drinks, food/snacks that you want no one to touch and alcohol if you are of age in the mini fridge), Toaster oven if you don’t have an oven, blender, Baking Pans, Chip Bag Clips, Trash bags, Extra shopping bags, Cutting Knife Set, Cutting Board, Sponges and a dish brush, Dish Soap, Distilled White Vinegar (PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU SHOULD NOT USE CHEMICALS TO CLEAN A TOASTER OVEN, FRIDGE OR MICROWAVE DISTILLED WHITE VINEGAR IS TO BE USED FOR THIS), Tin Foil, Saran Wrap, Mugs, Plastic Reusable Drinking Tumblers, Throw Away Plastic Cups, To go tumblers and coffee cups, metal/ reusable plastic straws, electric kettle/ stovetop kettle, Toaster.
• Hanging Wall Calendar- It is important to know your schedule especially when you have a lot going on all the time. A wall calendar is great to keep up to date and it forces you to look at it since it’s on your wall
• Vacuum- A vacuum, even a cheap small one is necessary. It gets gross and a broom just isn’t going to cut it all the time.
• Broom- A vroom is important for cleaning obviously and for some reason tiles dorms and apartments are breeding grounds for dust bunnies. It’s definitely necessary.
• Dust Pan and Brush- This is super important especially because if you clumsily break a mug or plate or drop chips on the floor– you’ll need a dust pan and brush!
• Swiffer- SOOOO IMPORTANT. Swiffer can double as a dust mop and a wet mop. Just buy the Swiffer and you can get the wet and dry pads at the Dollar Tree. Save money by doing this!
• Plunger and Toilet Bowl Brush and Stand- Obviously this is important so don’t skimp out on this! Also, this is mainly for those with an apartment/ their own bathroom.
• Duster- You can get a feather duster or a fake Swiffer duster at the dollar tree so you can keep everything dust free for cheap!
• Cleaners and More- An all purpose cleaner, bleach, a toilet bowl cleaner, Lysol Wipes, air freshener, Magic White Erasers, Scrubbing Bubbles Bathtub/Shower Cleaner, Wall Scent Plug-in/ Wax Scent, Laundry detergent or pods, Dryer sheets (Most of this can be found at a dollar store)
• Iron, Tide Stick, Lint Roller, Downy Wrinkle Release Spray and Mini Ironing Board- These things are super important for obvious reasons– to not look like a fuzzy, stained wrinkled mess lol. And if there’s no time to iron– wrinkle release spray is your best bet!
• Small Step Stool- This is definitely necessary for when you need to get in the top part of your closet or in the top cupboard and you can’t reach.
• Television and an Apple TV/ Firestick/ Google Crome/ Roku- Obviously these are important and it’s definitely important to have an additional TV if you have a living room! You can find TV’s on OfferUp, LetGo and FB Marketplace for pretty cheap!
• Cables- Multi-Plug Outlet Plug-In, Surge Protected Power Strip, Indoor Extension Cords, Ethernet Cable, HDMI cable, Portable Charger, 6ft Long charger
• Electronics- Speaker, Headphones, Laptop, Printer (A WORKING PRINTER WILL SAVE YOU FROM BEING LATE MULTIPLE TIMES SO MAKE THE INVESTMENT), Clock, Alexa Echo
• Keurig- This thing is amazing! Definitely a must have and it takes up little room and can be put on your desk in your dorm. I loved having it because I was able to make a lot of food with just the hot water.
• Misc- Brush, Hair Dryer, Straightener, Curling Iron, Hair Care Products, Bosh Wash, Shampoo and Conditioner, Nail Clipper, Nail File, Nail Polish, Loofah, Body Lotion, Deodorant, Skincare Products, Snacks, Instant Foods, Frozen Meals, Canned Soups, Canned Veggies, Pasta (They also have microwaveable pasta), microwaveable rice, Frozen veggies, Cereal, Power Bars, Meal Shakes, Toothpaste, Toothbrush (a separate one from the one you have at home), makeup, floss, mouthwash, bandaids, neosporin, peroxide, rubbing alcohol, pepto bismal, antiacid, tums, NyQuil, DayQuil, Mucinex, Advil, Tylenol, Flu Medicine, Sudafed, 3 Months of Any Medications You Need, Zyrtec/Claritin, Benadryl, Cough Drops, Cough Medicine, Chloraseptic Throat Numbing/ Sore Throat Spray, Multivitamins, First Aid Kit, Mini Sewing Kit, Backpack, Gym bag, 2 Bathing Suits, Umbrella, Formal and Semi Formal clothing, Raincoat, Rainboots, Off Bug Spray, Sunscreen, Glasses Wipes/ Contact Solution, Feminine Hygiene Products, Razor with Extra Blades, Shaving Cream, Sunglasses, Hair Ties, Bobby Pins, Headwraps/headbands, Planner, Highlighters, Notebooks, Index Cards, Stapler and Staples, Envelopes and Stamps, Sticky Notes, Pens and Pencils, Paper and Binder Clips, Tape and Tape Dispenser, Folders, Binders, small bin of arts and craft supplies, Gorilla Glue, copies of important documents (birth certificates etc), Safety Pin, Tool Kit, Bulletin/Dry Erase Board, Candles, Tweezers, Cosmetic Bag/Case, Makeup Remover, Cotton Swaps and cotton balls, Lip Balm.
That is everything for a college student who is living on campus. But what about for those commuting? Well I have another list here for you:
• Get a tall plastic basket for the trunk of your car. You can use your car as a locker so you don’t have to always carry your books everywhere.
• Get a backpack or a big duffel bag to carry your books! I went with a fashionable leather duffle.
• Always bring your computer, and computer charger to school! Keep it in your duffle bag so you don’t forget it.
• Make sure to always bring a charger for your phone (and also keep an extra in the car), and bring a portable charger as well to be extra safe!
• Always keep a pillow, sweatshirt and blanket in your car. I don’t recommend it but I used to take naps in my car in between classes with long waiting periods in between them. Also, you might be wondering what the sweatshirt is for? Well, if you aren’t comfortable with sleeping in the car take your sweatshirt to the library or a couch at the campus and use the sweatshirt as a pillow or blanket.
• Keep non-perishable snacks/ food in your car for the long days where you are also broke and can’t afford to get a bite to eat. I used to keep cup of soup in the car!
• Always keep emergency cash and an emergency gift card in your glove compartment. This is to only be used if you have no money for gas and you are running on E, and to get yourself a coffee on a really hard day.
• Bring lunch and dinner from home with a bento lunch box! Make sure you get the two tiered one that allows you to use an ice pack to keep the food fresh.
• Faux Leather or Suede gloves to be kept in the car is super important because during the cold months it’s almost impossible to touch a cold steering wheel.
• Try to get a tire pump, traction mats, a battery car jumper, some jumper cables and an emergency car kit just in case something happens.
• Keep a duffle bag of essentials in the car. This is my ultimate advice for a commuter. The duffle bag should contain a compact brush, travel hairspray, emergency touch up makeup, a small travel nail kit, travel downy spray, deodorant, hair ties, an extra outfit, an extra notebook and pencils and pens, a hat, a car straightener/curling iron (yes, they have these and trust me it is worth it), travel tissues, travel toothpaste, mouthwash and toothbrush.
• Bring a gym bag! If you go to college odds are they are gonna have a gym on campus or they will have a gym in the area. If you go to a corporate gym you can go to the one they have closest to your school and workout during your downtime. You can even take a quick shower there too!
• Bring headphones! You’ll definitely want headphones because you’ll be able to listen to music or watch a show in the library between classes and such!
• Get the tile tracker so you never lose where your car is parked on campus and you can put it in other important things like your keys and your wallet.
I hope these things will help you as you make your way to and through college. Remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content and make sure to comment down below what your thoughts are on this post.
Hey everyone! I am actually pretty sad at the moment because I seriously miss being in school (something I never thought I’d say until I started working and gained more responsibility). I totally miss being in school, especially high school and college. Now that school is starting up again soon there is a ton of back to school shopping sales and deals going on. It is definitely weird to not be in the mad rush to get supplies for school and my dorm like I used to.
With that being said I wanted to share five stores that I personally would always love to go back to school shopping at because of the amazing deals they had.
1. Dollar Tree-
Am I joking? No I am not, if you are going to be getting folders, pencils, pens, a spiral notebook (not a composition), binders and maybe even decor or school supplies for your dorm, this is the place to get it. I also recommend getting all of your cleaning supplies here. It will be generic brands but it will get the job done for cheap! Everything is $1 so it is affordable and the stuff will last a school year.
Of course Target is on the list. Buying items like a comforter, a 5 subject notebook, a file holder, clothes for the school year, some necessary dorm items like laundry detergent, a laundry bag, some curtains and food. This is the one-stop-shop. Plus now that you can get 5% off with the Target Red Card and find deals with the Wheelcart app, you can totally save tons of money here!
When shopping for Amazon for school just be mindful that you will have to wait for the items to show up. I got a ton of stuff from Amazon ranging from mouse pads, to desk organizers, to wall decor and more. I definitely suggest looking on here for certain items before buying them in-store because you might find it cheaper on Amazon!
4. Five Below-
Yes, I know it’s not everyone initial thought to go shopping at Five Below for your items but I promise you, you wont regret it. Five Below has some amazing decor that you can get to make your dorm room feel more like home, you can get some good skincare products here, and even dorm necessities like hangers and organizers.
5. Your Local Grocery Store (Mine Is ShopRite)
You would be surprised at how much their school supplies are discounted! Once I found huge binders at my grocery store for $2 each. Plus, food, detergent and shampoo will be a little cheaper here than Target in terms of price markup. It’s also better to find generic brands of food than to buy the actual branded items.
I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you enjoy shopping! Please remember to subscribe for emails to be notified when I post new content and make sure you comment below your favorite back to school shopping stores!
Hey fashionistas! We all know that chunky hair clips and bobby pins are making a huge movement in the fashion world right now. I am obsessed with this trend because it is so fun and hair trends don’t always transcend into the fashion world as big as this has. It is super exciting to see this happening in real time.
Finding good quality hair clips can be a real struggle though. I have searched high and low for hair clips and I refuse to settle for cheaply made ones because I plan on using them a ton! So, I ended up finding Juliette Co. Accessories and I am obsessed with their accessories and their Instagram page. They have the cutest items and they show you great ways to fashion the items as well. Here is the link to their Instagram: Juliette Co Accessories Instagram
Everything is handmade and it looks as gorgeous in person as it is in the photos! These clips and bobby pins are the perfect accessory and I 100% recommend you try them out. Take a look at my hair clips I have from them.
I hope you enjoyed this post and remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content and make sure that you go on their Instagram and comment down below what product of theirs is your favorite!