Hey babes! I collaborated with the company Sutera (an amazing pillow company) and I got to try out their Dream Deep Pillow. I wanted to share my experience with you all because I am AMAZED at the results.
First off, I want to explain that I have neck and back problems due to certain events in my life that brought on a lot of upper neck tension as well as lower back tension/damage. ￼ I regularly see a chiropractor where I am able to be worked on by a doctor to help manage and better my pain. ￼
Sleeping has always been a way for me to escape my pain￼. Whenever I’m having a really bad back pain or neck pain day I usually try to stay in bed and sleep it off if I can. Problem with me doing this, is that the pillows that I would be using￼ weren’t doing the correct job in supporting my neck or back. ￼
This is until I saw an ad for Sutera pillow and I was given the amazing opportunity to collaborate with them and even try out their incredible Dream Deep Pillow￼￼. This pillow has definitely helped me with my neck pain and even with falling asleep easier￼. I am a stomach sleeper which ￼ definitely isn’t good for my neck or anything else for that matter. Being a stomach sleeper, I was told, is the worst position to sleep in for your neck as well as your back, breathing and your digestion￼￼.
Nonetheless I sleep this way. Even though I sleep in the worst position possible this pillow and the way it is engineered has helped me! I absolutely love it and my favorite thing about this pillow is how it has a place (a little cut out) for my arms! That makes it so much more comfortable as a stomach sleeper. I have a place for my arms to go (which are usually under the pillow otherwise)!
For Ryan, who is a back and side sleeper, said it’s most comfortable for him to lay his head between the little winged out arm cut-outs! He felt it supported his neck and even kept him cool throughout the night. So, it’s not a pillow for just stomach sleepers but all sleepers!
I’m so glad that I had the opportunity to collaborate with Sutera because are they an amazing company with quality products, but I now am able to go to sleep and wake up painlessly. That simple fact of waking up with no pain is invaluable! I 100% recommend Sutera and especially their Dream Deep Pillow!
If you’re interested in getting one for yourself go to their website: Sutera
Use RUSS10 for 10% off your purchase!
I hope you enjoyed this post and remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content and make sure to comment down below if you love the Sutera Dream Deep Pillow as much as I do!
Hey babes! I know this time is super hard for all of us but we can get through this together. During these strange times it is so important to stay motivated and stay busy. What I did today was compile a to-do list for myself and I realized many other might need some inspiration on what they can do during quarantine. So here’s a cute listicle of 15 things you can do during quarantine!
- Tryout A Fun Workout Routine- I know working out might be the last thing on your mind right now, but it’s a great way to get healthy and take your mind off of being cooped up inside. There are a ton of ways to get a workout plan! You can go on YouTube and find some fun challenges to take on or you can even get a workout plan made just for you by a personal trainer! I use @phy_fit on Instagram for my workout plans and I’ve been doing really well with reaching my fitness goals!
- Learn A New Skill- Being cooped up at home doesn’t mean you can’t try or learn something new! Take this time to finally learn how to knit a scarf or even learn how to do that new TikTok dance. Whatever it is you choose, you will come out of quarantine knowing a new skill and feeling pretty accomplished. Something I’ve learned to do during quarantine was learn how to crochet! I actually had my mom teach me, so not only was it a way for me to learn something new but it also allowed me to spend some quality time with my mom.
- Do That Project You’ve Been Putting Off- Life can be pretty busy and there is always something to be put off until you “have the time”. Been there and done that. I know we all might still be a little busy with other things going on if you work from home or even if you’re going to school through some type of video chat, but try and make time for that task you’ve been putting off. Not only will it feel good to that task done, but it’ll be one less thing you’ll have to do once everything gets back to normal (and that’ll totally lighten your to do list later on). Something I got done was cleaning out the attic and sheds at my house as well as finishing up some yard work. I also am finally finishing up getting my Etsy Shop done!
- Treat Yourself To A Small Shopping Spree- Things are totally hard right now, and sometimes all we need is that cute bag we’ve been waiting on purchasing. It might just give you a little sliver of happiness for a short time, but you deserve it! Plus, you’ll have something cute to add to any outfit you wear to the living room until you can go out! Something I purchased during quarantine are some super cute items from SHEIN! If you’re interested in seeing any of the items I’ve purchased then make sure you look at my Haul Highlight on my Instagram page @stephanierussell11 !
- Have A Houseparty Happy Hour With Friends Or Family- There is this amazing app called Houseparty where you are able to chat and play video games with friends! It’s a perfect way to unwind and get social from the comfort of your home. It’s definitely not like going to a real happy hour with friends BUT it’ll definitely do the job until we can. I have done this many times with friends and family. It is a ton of fun and it’s a great way to connect with people if you’re feeling a little stir crazy.
- Have A Bonfire- The perfect thing to do on a nice night is to have a bonfire. Whether you want to do one alone or with the people in your house is up to you! It’s so nice having a cozy fire to sit next to while drinking some hot tea and clearing your mind. I’ve always felt that bonfires help me clear my mind. Ryan and I have had a number of bonfires just to mix it up and get out of the house.
- Go For A Walk- Yes. You can definitely go for a walk as long as your state allows it and you are taking social distancing precautions. So, get out there and take a brisk walk on a beautiful spring day. It’s a perfect way to get in some exercise and to get some fresh air. Keeping active during this time is so important so a walk around the block could do us all some good! It’s also a great change in scenery if you’re starting to feel cooped up. Ryan and I actually took a 4.5 mile walk recently, our legs hurt afterwards but it was so worth it.
- Listen To Music- We always listen to music, but do we actually sit down and REALLY listen to music? It is not all the time that we have a chance to truly appreciate music and the message that music is carrying. Sit down and put on your favorite record, throw on your AirPods and listen to your Spotify playlist or turn on the radio and just listen to the music that comes on. The point is to just actually enjoy the music and feel it in your soul. Something that Ryan and I have been doing a lot is watching live concerts. Since we can’t go to concerts we like to watch them on our phones or on the projector screen!
- Do An Art Project- I’m sure all of our Pinterest boards are riddled with tons of DIY ideas that we never did. Heck, I’ve even bought the supplies I needed for some of these projects and they’re still sitting there unused. Pick a DIY that you’ve been itching to do for a while and get it done! What’s even better is that Michaels is having curbside pickup! So you don’t have to worry about coming into contact with someone. A few craft projects I’ve done are some cricut shirts, and reusable bags as well as some scrapbooking!
- Declutter Your Home- This is the perfect time to declutter and clean your home. It is definitely a hard task to do since you are constantly living in this space. Keeping a space clean that you barely leave is more difficult than I’d like to admit, but it is essential. Especially during this very stressful time, you don’t want any added stresses like a messy room or home. Try to allot time in each day to get one thing completely cleaned and organized. After this is all over you’ll be happy you did it and you are saving your future self from having to clean a bigger mess down the line. I’ve been cleaning out my house recently and we actually painted and redecorated a room recently!
- Yard Work Or Start A Garden- I know some of us don’t have yards but if you do this is a great way to get busy! You can exert energy, exercise and keep your mind busy all at once with this activity! If you can’t do yard work then maybe try to start a small garden on your terrace or make a succulent dish if you have no outdoor area. I finally was able to start my vegetable garden and compost bin! I’ve been putting it off for quite some time and I’m so happy to finally start it!
- Cook A Special Meal At Home- Of course we are all cooking at home right now, but try to make dinner time special with a memorable meal! You can either cook a new recipe you want to try or cook your favorite childhood dish! Whatever it is, make the night special! If you don’t live with someone else to share the meal with plan it out with a friend or family and FaceTime as you both eat your meals! The way I make meals special is by treating Ryan and I to a new meal a few times a week because we get HelloFresh! It definitely keeps things interesting and it’s nice to have a sit down meal together.
- Have An At Home Spa Night- You deserve some pamper right now so why not just give yourself a spa day. Start off with a bubble bath and some champagne, wrap yourself in a luxurious robe, do some face masks and even give yourself a manicure and pedicure! It’s always important to make yourself feel good and this is the perfect way to do so. I love at home spa nights! There are a ton of things you can get on Amazon to make your spa night feel extra luxurious as well. For example, I recently did a spa night and I used a hot facial steamer I got from Amazon (it was incredible).
- Start Your Own Business Or Blog- I’ve seen so many people get creative during the quarantine (including myself)! It’s so incredible to see people starting these new journeys. I’ve seen people start up podcasts, Instagram pages, businesses, thrift accounts, blogs, TikToks and YouTube channels! I love to see this type of creativity and I enjoy watching and supporting everyone’s new endeavors. If you’ve wanted to do something like this then just go for it. I’m sure you’ll be amazing and besides if it makes you happy then that’s all that matters at the end of the day!
- Give Yourself A Break- Just because everyone is showcasing their productiveness doesn’t mean you HAVE to be productive 24/7. It also doesn’t mean that those people showing off all that they do means they’re productive all the time. Give yourself a break. You’ve been going nonstop for quite some time and you deserve a little bit to just relax. If you want to be super productive but always know your boundaries and don’t burn yourself out. We are all human and we need some days to rest too.
I hope your families are safe and well during this time and if you are going through a rough time, you are in my thoughts. Just remember, we are in this together.
Hey babes! I am so ecstatic because this day three years ago I started this blog. This is one of the many things I am proud of but this blog holds a near and dear place in my heart. Starting this blog helped me have an outlet to get creative, share my thoughts and opinions and even have a place to come when all seems wrong in life.
I have always considered blogging a full-time job because I truly care about each and every one of my readers. It’s so incredible to think that three years ago I was in college not knowing where the world was going and now I have graduated and looking forward to doing many adult things in my life.
This blog has truly helped me through everything in life thus far and I couldn’t thank my readers enough for giving me the motivation to keep going and the drive to come up with great content.
I cannot say that everyone in my life had been supportive of my blog at first. Some people viewed it as a joke and others viewed it as something stupid. In my mind, I knew to ignore those people and that what I was working towards had a greater purpose that not all could see.
I just wanted to take this time to thank you all for your loyal readership and for taking this fun and crazy journey with me. I can’t wait to make more posts for you all and continue to do what I do best– blogging!
Hey beauties! So I wanted to take a second and give the fashion and beauty world a break for the night. I just saw Frozen 2 which has been out for some time now but I was finally able to see it and with none other than my niece who, if you are wondering, loved it. I have my thoughts fresh and I wanted to write a review on it.
As you may know, especially if you have been following me for sometime, I am a HUGE Disney fan. I love everything Disney and I go to Disney almost every year. It’s such an amazing feeling being in Disney, going to see the movies they come out with, and even cuddling up at home and watching some Disney+ (I will make a roundup of my favorite Disney+ shows soon).
Well I felt that same rush and happiness when I went to see Frozen 2. Some people I know said that they didn’t like it better than the first one but I have to respectfully disagree. I think this second movie had an amazing and complex story arc especially with it being a movie for children. The characters were developed in a different way than before and it didn’t feel like some magical cliche mumbo-jumbo. I truly felt more connected to the characters than I did in the first movie. Also, the characters dealt with greater and more complex problems than just trying to “save the day”.
What I liked most is that this Frozen was completely separate from the other movie. They are polar opposites but it works. I think it’s best that they are separate entities too. I also like how well this story connected with events that happened in the first movie and it even gave us a chance to see a deeper side to all main characters.
I definitely recommend going to see this, no matter the age. Just make sure you watch Frozen 1 first! I hope you enjoyed this post and remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content and make sure to comment down below what your thoughts are on this movie. PLEASE LEAVE SPOILERS OUT OF THE COMMENTS.
Happy New Years to all of you amazing people! I wanted to take a chance before we get into today’s post to say that I truly appreciate each and every one of you. This past year has been hectic, challenging but most of all life-changing. I want to thank you for being a loyal reader and also for making this past year of 2019 so special! Cheers to an even better 2020! So today I wanted to talk about resolutions because, well, ’tis the season.
We all have resolutions or even goals we set out for the new year but a lot of times those things we wish and even promise ourselves never comes to fruition. I know I don’t even remember what I set as my resolution at the beginning of some years but I’m sure it’s similar to what I set each year. The problem is that we set resolutions that are sometimes too complicated and oftentimes too vague. This sets us up for failure from the moment we make that resolution. But I’m here to help you turn your New Years Resolutions into longterm goals. I will also share the resolutions I have for 2020 as well!
1. Set Specific Goals
A lot of times we set a goal to be “fit” or “healthier” but it’s such a vague resolution that it’s easy for us to just give up. Instead of simply saying to be “fit” or “healthy” try being more specific with your goal. For example, I want to eat healthier by adding more vegetables and proteins to my diet and cutting out the unhealthy snacking I do. I want to go to the gym at least 4 times a week and see a noticeable difference in my body.
2. Set a timeline
It is important to make sure you are on track with your goal. Setting a timeline or even deadline will hold you more accountable in reaching your goals.
3. Buy A Planner And Actually Use It
Scheduling a time to do the thing you want to achieve is so important. Force yourself to find time for whatever your goal is otherwise you will be able to make excuses for why you “don’t have time”. And for those that are seriously too busy to reach their goals try to break up your goal into smaller and more manageable tasks. For example, if you are a busy mom but want to lose weight instead of trying to find someone to babysit so you can go to the gym do at-home exercises while the kids play for at least 1 hour! You can even get the kids involved which can make it more fun!
4. Keep A Journal
Keeping track of your progress will help you keep you going after your goal. You will be able to see the change and want to continue it. It is not super necessary but sometimes you might have obstacles in the way while you try to reach your goal and it might benefit to write it out. You might also benefit mentally from being able to talk about your feelings during the journey. Plus, when you finally reach your goal it sometimes seems hard to see every hardship you went through to get there and the journal is a reminder of the journey you took to get where you are.
5. Make Subgoals
Make subgoals to your actual goals! This will make it easier to continuously motivate yourself to accomplish your end goal. For example, if your goal is to become good at yoga a great subgoal would be to be able to do a full split in 2 or 3 months time or accomplish a yoga pose you have been struggling with for a while.
6. Write Action Steps
With every goal there needs to be a plan. You can’t just shoot in the dark and hope to hit the bullseye. So, combat this by writing action steps which are things you need to do to accomplish your goals. Like if you are looking to get into blogging a few action steps would be to figure out what you want to blog about, come up with a blog name etc.
7. Be Realistic With Yourself
If you want to lose 5 pounds and Google tells you that it will take 5 weeks minimum don’t set your deadline to that minimum. Try to give yourself a deadline you know that YOU are capable of. Give yourself a realistic goal to reach. If you aren’t realistic then you will end up getting discouraged when you realize you only lost 3 pounds in that 5 week period and you might be more prone to giving up.
8. Remind Yourself Why It Would Improve Your Life
Make sure each day you are trying to reach your goal that you remind yourself how this will positively impact your life. For example, if you want bettering your mental health as a resolution then remind yourself why it will improve your life overall. Do this especially when you are feeling doubt and you are questioning yourself.
9. Believe You Can Do This- You Are Strong
My favorite encouragement to give people is to tell them that they can’t give up on themselves. If they have the willingness and want to change or better themselves or achieve a goal, they are unstoppable. You, too, are unstoppable. The most important person to tell that to is yourself and you need to believe it too.
10. Prioritize Your Goals
We all have priorities that can keep us from reaching our goals as quickly as we would like. Make sure you try your hardest to keep your goal as a priority. Once it isn’t a priority, your goals that you are working tirelessly to achieve will take a backseat. If this happens and you cannot control it– know that it is never too late to pick that goal up again. If you find that you hav to miss a gym day or you can’t make it to your volunteer work try to make up for it by doing some exercises at home or whenever you get the chance or try to find a different way to volunteer your time on the weekend (maybe helping a friend move into their apartment, reaching out and talking to someone you know needs advice).
• Get fit by working out at least 4 times a week and be toned by August 2020
• Eat healthier by adding more veggies to my diet, eat a balanced dinner and stop snacking on junk throughout the day/ limit sweets
• Improve in yoga by trying to make every class you can, be able to do a full split in 3 -4 months time.
• Learn how to knit by watching YouTube videos on knitting, reading books on how to knit and practicing at least 3 times a week. Try to be able to make a scarf and hat by Christmas 2020.
• Read more by reading at least one book per month and starting a small book circle with friend(s) or join a book circle.
• Volunteer more by getting more involved in the organizations that I am already a part of, making shelter animals toys/pillows/beds etc., get involved with the local church, donate each year, get involved in more philanthropic things like Polar Bear Plunge/Special Olympics etc.
• Make more time for my relationships. Call people more often and try to hangout with family/friends/Ryan more.
• Better my mental health by doing more of the things that I love, going to meditation/ doing self guided meditation, keeping a routine, keeping a tidy living space and making sure that I reach out when I need help.
I truly hope you enjoyed this post and even got something out of it. I started to lose faith in setting resolutions for the new year but I now see that it is possible to keep the goals and promises you make yourself if you know the steps on how to make your resolutions longterm goals. Make sure you comment down below what your resolutions are and remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from both Ryan and I! With minutes left in the holiday that I celebrate (Christmas) I wanted to make sure I extended a huge Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of my subscribers, loyal readers and fans!
We hope it is full of happiness and love! Tell me in the comments below your holiday plans. I hope you enjoyed this short post and remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content!
Hey everyone! Today I want to talk about hosting an ugly sweater party and making sure the one you’re hosting is the best one you could possibly throw! I have some experience with throwing ugly sweater parties and parties in general because I have been throwing parties for me and my friend since I was about 14 years old. ￼
I absolutely love throwing parties for me and my friends it’s definitely a good way to show them how much you care and also a great way to have fun! So how do you throw the best ugly sweater party? Well in my opinion the best ugly sweater parties have really fun interactive games, prizes, fun ugly sweaters and more I’m going to make a bullet Point list of everything you will need to throw an amazing and memorable ugly sweater party:
- Ugly sweater attire for yourself and a mandatory ugly sweater notice for everyone invited
- A super cute ugly sweater themed invitation card or e-invite￼￼￼￼￼
- Some amazing snacks and easy food to cook for the main course as well as dessert￼
- Some really fun Christmas themed games
- Prizes for the winners
- ￼￼An award for ugliest sweater
This is what I use to have an amazing Ugly Sweater! I hope you enjoyed this post and remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content and make sure to comment down below what your thoughts are on this post!
Hey everyone! Since I am super into the Christmas spirit I have some thoughts I have to get out during this holiday season. The first being that Christmas (as I’ve gotten older) isn’t my favorite holiday ever. For me, it is usually filled with stress and rushing around.
Does anyone else feel this way? The holiday season gets increasingly hard especially since my family keeps growing. Not that this is a bad thing, it is truly a beautiful blessing, but it definitely is a lot to handle. When family grows so does the number of gifts and the price that coincides with those gifts.
I have to buy so many gifts for so many people (you won’t even believe it if I told you) but I have to buy for about 70 people every year. That’s really limiting who Ryan and I buy for as well. So even if I were to get gifts at $5 a pop I’m still spending $350 (and you know that $5 per person isn’t always going to be the case)!
I don’t mean to be the “Debbie Downer” but this isn’t something I only go through. A lot of people experience this as well! During these happy times of the holidays there are still some people that truly struggle with their money and stress during this time. I want you all to know that you are not alone and you will figure it out. Today’s problems are just temporary pain, and you can get through it.
The best ways I cope with the stress is setting a limit of how much money I am comfortable spending and I stick to it. I also tell certain people the limit on a gift we are giving each other so I don’t have to feel uncomfortable. You can even suggest a secret Santa with your family.
That’s all I had to say and I do hope the holidays aren’t too stressful for you all. Remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content and make sure to comment down below what you do to cope with the stress!
Hi everyone! So, today’s post is more of a Q&A situation because I will be talking about being gluten sensitive. I’ve been having trouble recently with gluten and I found out 3 weeks ago that I am gluten sensitive.
For those of you who don’t know what a gluten sensitivity/gluten intolerance is and what causes it:
If you experience this consult your doctor.
How did you find out?
Although there is a lot of misinformation out there, there is actually no test to test for a gluten intolerance or sensitivity (only for Celiac and like diseases). So, I consulted with my doctor and was put on a strict meal plan and cut out and then reintroduced gluten into my diet overtime. With this we were able to determine that it was in fact a gluten intolerance.
Is being gluten free hard?
At first I have to say it is a HUGE life change, but after some time and gain in knowledge it gets easier. I would say that eating out at restaurants is the hardest thing because you don’t want to get sick but you have to be careful of things like cross contamination and restaurants claiming something is gluten free when it isn’t.
What symptoms do you experience?
Not to get too personal, I had all reactions listed in the definition above. I actually had it for a while without realizing the cause was gluten. Overtime I got more and more sick which warranted me to consult with my physician.
Does gluten free food taste gross?
It’s something to get used to but gluten free pasta tastes almost exactly like normal pasta. Some premade things don’t taste the best like cookies but you can always make it from scratch.
Does it make you sad?
Not necessarily. I got used to not being able to have gluten foods. But what does make me sad, is that there are a lot of people that make jokes about those that are gluten-free without understanding the pain and suffering that people with celiac disease or gluten intolerances actually go through￼￼￼.
I hope this post helps you understand gluten intolerance and gives you a relatable understanding if you experience any type of allergy, intolerance or disease. ￼This is not a medical guide so please reach out to your physician if you ￼have anything to be concerned about regarding your health or call 9-1-1 if you are in an emergency. ￼
Hey everyone! Since Thanksgiving is coming up I wanted to do a little something for my friends that I love so much. I wanted to throw a really fun and nice Friendsgiving dinner! But if you’ve never hosted a Thanksgiving… How are you supposed to throw an amazing Friendsgiving? Luckily I am here to help and I have the answers!
I mean we all know the best Thanksgiving parties are the ones with the best food, right?! So at least we have Step 1 figured out already! Follow these steps and your Friendsgiving will be a success:
Step 1: Gather all of the best Thanksgiving food and put that on the menu.
Step 2: Figure out who’s coming and if you don’t want to make a seven-course meal all on your own (I don’t blame you), delegate different jobs and dishes to friends! Some can bring the canned foods, some can buy the pies etc.
Step 3: Make a Facebook Event so it’s easy to contact everyone and show who has what jobs assigned to them (especially so they can’t say they forgot they had to bring the apple pies)!
Step 4: The main dishes you should be making is turkey, stuffing, snacks and gravy! You can make these easier on yourself by getting turkey in a bag, stuffing cubes, snacks like pineapple, nuts and olives (finger foods are the way to go and it prevents people from eating too much before the big dinner)! As for gravy you can either DIY your own gravy with the turkey drippings or you can get pre-made jars of gravy too. Just make sure it will all taste good!
Step 5: Get some cute cozy and personal decorations! I mean dig out the old china plates, set the tables up with cute napkins with napkin rings, place mats, a festive table cloth, wine glasses and even nice china for the food on the table.
Step 6: Have your closest friends help you clean up the mess from dinner (make sure you already have leftover containers ready). Then set up dessert with your friends after cleaning up!
Step 7: Play a few friendly games while you all digest!
Step 8: Have dessert together while setting out cards that you DIY’ed that aid conversation! Cards could include: “What did you think of me when you first met me”, “What is the funniest moment in all of our friendships”, “Who would be most likely to _______”, or even “If you had to choose someone to live with who would it be and why” This helps keep the conversation from dying down and it also is a ton of fun.
Step 9: Make sure you give thank you gifts to each of your guests– this can be a printed thank you card, or an actual gift. I gave each person a bag of cookies with a note that said “I am thankful for our friendship. Thanks for coming.”
I hope you enjoyed this post and have a great Friendsgiving party! Comment down below which steps you tried and how they worked out! Remember to subscribe for email notifications for when I post new content.