Hey babes! I know this time is super hard for all of us but we can get through this together. During these strange times it is so important to stay motivated and stay busy. What I did today was compile a to-do list for myself and I realized many other might need some inspiration on what they can do during quarantine. So here’s a cute listicle of 15 things you can do during quarantine!
- Tryout A Fun Workout Routine- I know working out might be the last thing on your mind right now, but it’s a great way to get healthy and take your mind off of being cooped up inside. There are a ton of ways to get a workout plan! You can go on YouTube and find some fun challenges to take on or you can even get a workout plan made just for you by a personal trainer! I use @phy_fit on Instagram for my workout plans and I’ve been doing really well with reaching my fitness goals!
- Learn A New Skill- Being cooped up at home doesn’t mean you can’t try or learn something new! Take this time to finally learn how to knit a scarf or even learn how to do that new TikTok dance. Whatever it is you choose, you will come out of quarantine knowing a new skill and feeling pretty accomplished. Something I’ve learned to do during quarantine was learn how to crochet! I actually had my mom teach me, so not only was it a way for me to learn something new but it also allowed me to spend some quality time with my mom.
- Do That Project You’ve Been Putting Off- Life can be pretty busy and there is always something to be put off until you “have the time”. Been there and done that. I know we all might still be a little busy with other things going on if you work from home or even if you’re going to school through some type of video chat, but try and make time for that task you’ve been putting off. Not only will it feel good to that task done, but it’ll be one less thing you’ll have to do once everything gets back to normal (and that’ll totally lighten your to do list later on). Something I got done was cleaning out the attic and sheds at my house as well as finishing up some yard work. I also am finally finishing up getting my Etsy Shop done!
- Treat Yourself To A Small Shopping Spree- Things are totally hard right now, and sometimes all we need is that cute bag we’ve been waiting on purchasing. It might just give you a little sliver of happiness for a short time, but you deserve it! Plus, you’ll have something cute to add to any outfit you wear to the living room until you can go out! Something I purchased during quarantine are some super cute items from SHEIN! If you’re interested in seeing any of the items I’ve purchased then make sure you look at my Haul Highlight on my Instagram page @stephanierussell11 !
- Have A Houseparty Happy Hour With Friends Or Family- There is this amazing app called Houseparty where you are able to chat and play video games with friends! It’s a perfect way to unwind and get social from the comfort of your home. It’s definitely not like going to a real happy hour with friends BUT it’ll definitely do the job until we can. I have done this many times with friends and family. It is a ton of fun and it’s a great way to connect with people if you’re feeling a little stir crazy.
- Have A Bonfire- The perfect thing to do on a nice night is to have a bonfire. Whether you want to do one alone or with the people in your house is up to you! It’s so nice having a cozy fire to sit next to while drinking some hot tea and clearing your mind. I’ve always felt that bonfires help me clear my mind. Ryan and I have had a number of bonfires just to mix it up and get out of the house.
- Go For A Walk- Yes. You can definitely go for a walk as long as your state allows it and you are taking social distancing precautions. So, get out there and take a brisk walk on a beautiful spring day. It’s a perfect way to get in some exercise and to get some fresh air. Keeping active during this time is so important so a walk around the block could do us all some good! It’s also a great change in scenery if you’re starting to feel cooped up. Ryan and I actually took a 4.5 mile walk recently, our legs hurt afterwards but it was so worth it.
- Listen To Music- We always listen to music, but do we actually sit down and REALLY listen to music? It is not all the time that we have a chance to truly appreciate music and the message that music is carrying. Sit down and put on your favorite record, throw on your AirPods and listen to your Spotify playlist or turn on the radio and just listen to the music that comes on. The point is to just actually enjoy the music and feel it in your soul. Something that Ryan and I have been doing a lot is watching live concerts. Since we can’t go to concerts we like to watch them on our phones or on the projector screen!
- Do An Art Project- I’m sure all of our Pinterest boards are riddled with tons of DIY ideas that we never did. Heck, I’ve even bought the supplies I needed for some of these projects and they’re still sitting there unused. Pick a DIY that you’ve been itching to do for a while and get it done! What’s even better is that Michaels is having curbside pickup! So you don’t have to worry about coming into contact with someone. A few craft projects I’ve done are some cricut shirts, and reusable bags as well as some scrapbooking!
- Declutter Your Home- This is the perfect time to declutter and clean your home. It is definitely a hard task to do since you are constantly living in this space. Keeping a space clean that you barely leave is more difficult than I’d like to admit, but it is essential. Especially during this very stressful time, you don’t want any added stresses like a messy room or home. Try to allot time in each day to get one thing completely cleaned and organized. After this is all over you’ll be happy you did it and you are saving your future self from having to clean a bigger mess down the line. I’ve been cleaning out my house recently and we actually painted and redecorated a room recently!
- Yard Work Or Start A Garden- I know some of us don’t have yards but if you do this is a great way to get busy! You can exert energy, exercise and keep your mind busy all at once with this activity! If you can’t do yard work then maybe try to start a small garden on your terrace or make a succulent dish if you have no outdoor area. I finally was able to start my vegetable garden and compost bin! I’ve been putting it off for quite some time and I’m so happy to finally start it!
- Cook A Special Meal At Home- Of course we are all cooking at home right now, but try to make dinner time special with a memorable meal! You can either cook a new recipe you want to try or cook your favorite childhood dish! Whatever it is, make the night special! If you don’t live with someone else to share the meal with plan it out with a friend or family and FaceTime as you both eat your meals! The way I make meals special is by treating Ryan and I to a new meal a few times a week because we get HelloFresh! It definitely keeps things interesting and it’s nice to have a sit down meal together.
- Have An At Home Spa Night- You deserve some pamper right now so why not just give yourself a spa day. Start off with a bubble bath and some champagne, wrap yourself in a luxurious robe, do some face masks and even give yourself a manicure and pedicure! It’s always important to make yourself feel good and this is the perfect way to do so. I love at home spa nights! There are a ton of things you can get on Amazon to make your spa night feel extra luxurious as well. For example, I recently did a spa night and I used a hot facial steamer I got from Amazon (it was incredible).
- Start Your Own Business Or Blog- I’ve seen so many people get creative during the quarantine (including myself)! It’s so incredible to see people starting these new journeys. I’ve seen people start up podcasts, Instagram pages, businesses, thrift accounts, blogs, TikToks and YouTube channels! I love to see this type of creativity and I enjoy watching and supporting everyone’s new endeavors. If you’ve wanted to do something like this then just go for it. I’m sure you’ll be amazing and besides if it makes you happy then that’s all that matters at the end of the day!
- Give Yourself A Break- Just because everyone is showcasing their productiveness doesn’t mean you HAVE to be productive 24/7. It also doesn’t mean that those people showing off all that they do means they’re productive all the time. Give yourself a break. You’ve been going nonstop for quite some time and you deserve a little bit to just relax. If you want to be super productive but always know your boundaries and don’t burn yourself out. We are all human and we need some days to rest too.
I hope your families are safe and well during this time and if you are going through a rough time, you are in my thoughts. Just remember, we are in this together.