Figuring out things to do can be frustrating enough in the winter, even more so if you don’t have a lot of money or are on a budget (especially after Christmas). So I put together a little list of things to do for cheap or free with your significant other!
1. Do a project together: Maybe it’s just me watching too much HGTV but I feel like doing a project together would be tons of fun! For example, recently I’ve been thinking of ways to revamp my closet. So why not make a date out of it?!
2. Winter Cleaning: Put on a fashion show for each other! Cleaning out your dresser/closet during the winter definitely seems like a chore but it would be less of a chore if it was made into a fun game! You can even make it goofy and pair together some bizarre outfits and whoever has the craziest outfit wins!
3. Make Breakfast At Home And Stay In Bed: Who says you need to go to a Bed & Breakfast? You can just pretend you’re already at one while at home! Make some of your favorite breakfast foods and cuddle all day long!
4. Do Each Others Hobbies/ Winter Hobbies: Does your significant other have a cool affordable hobby you can both partake in during the winter? Do you? If both/one of those answers is yes, then make a date out of it! Try their hobby and have fun with it and be fair and have them try your hobby, together! This can bring you closer as a couple and give you both something to do as a date.
5. Start Planning: Whether you both have been planning your future wedding, an event, or a vacation, take this time to sit down and plan it. You’ll both thank yourselves for the ahead of time planning later and it’ll be fun to plan for a future event you’re both excited for!
6. Weird Store Find: A fun date I like to go on with my boyfriend is to go to a store (mostly the Dollar Store or Dollar Spot at Target) and find the funniest/weirdest thing. Whoever finds the funniest/weirdest thing between the both of us in 10 minutes or less that person wins. If you don’t want to waste money by buying the weird product then have a designated meet spot in the store when the time is up, so you don’t have to purchase anything. The loser can even buy something for the winner they pick out with a previously discussed price limit.
7. Put The Fireplace On: With chilly days like this, you’ll definitely feel a need to warm up at some point in the winter. On miserably cold day bake some cookies or grab something to snack on and sit in front of the fire with your other half. This will brighten up even the darkest of days.
8. Read The Same Book: This one might take a little more than just one night but you can both start to read the same book. It’ll be fun to talk with your significant other about what you read and the different meanings both of you found.
I hope you enjoyed these cheap date ideas and comment down below which one you’d like to try.
– Stay Chic,